|Staff meeting - sketch by |
W. Dan Hausel
- Gold Prospecting Hints
- After I had made discoveries of several colored gemstone deposits including ruby and sapphire deposits, I realized there was a close association of these aluminum-rich oxide gemstones with aluminum-rich rocks in Wyoming including vermiculite (glimmerite) and serpentinite. Using an old publication on vermiculite deposits of Wyoming, I made six additional discoveries within months of one another.
- Guide to the Mining Districts in the Medicine Bow Mountains (it is very unfortunate, but the US Forest Service followed discoveries in some major base and precious metal districts in the Medicine Bow and Sierra Madre Mountains withdrawing a couple of potentially world-class mineral districts for (1) massive sulfides (zinc, copper, lead, silver, gold) and (2) platinum-group metals).
- http://www.wsgs.uwyo.edu/Publications/OnlinePubs/docs/PIC/PIC-25.pdf Metallic and nonmetallic mineral deposits.
- http://www.wsgs.uwyo.edu/Publications/OnlinePubs/docs/PIC/PIC-38.pdf This circular contains some information on diamond deposits.
- http://www.wsgs.uwyo.edu/Publications/OnlinePubs/docs/MR/MR_92-1.pdf Gold in southern Wyoming