Thursday, October 23, 2014

New Gemstone Book

Is there a giant, unrecognized, opal and agate deposit near Douglas Wyoming? Opals
and banded chalcedony occur in southeastern Arizona that are mostly untouched.
A large peridot deposit sits south of Las Cruces New Mexico near the Mexican border,
and there are likely dozens of unrecognized diamond deposits all over Colorado,
Kansas, Montana and Wyoming. There are just a few of the interesting subjects
described in my latest book on "Finding Gemstones ....".
Not long ago, I was searching in Alaska, Colorado and California for gold, sapphire and diamonds when a couple of companies hired me to find them some mineral deposits. They gave me a credit card, keys to a 4WD truck, and told me to report back to them at the end of each month. I found some interesting targets that they never followed up on - one of my favorite targets was later found to contain diamonds - still strange how some mining companies operate.

Another sent me to Alaska. Six other geologists and myself found one of the largest gold deposits in the 20th century and three of us were independent cusses from Wyoming. Teamwork doesn't work in exploration - exploration successes are mostly a result of independently minded prospectors and geologists. People who can get the job done by themselves in the middle of nowhere, and their only friend is a large gun (bear repellent).

I tell some of my prospecting stories but mostly I describe what to look for in gemstones, how to recognize them, and them I give the reader dozens upon dozens of locations of gemstones and possible gemstones that they can easily follow up on to see if they can find treasure in the Earth. 

9 comments:

  1. Is there good spots for gemstone prospecting in northeastern Wyoming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are some interesting areas in the Black Buttes, Mineral Hill and Bear Lodge Mountains where you can find gold, wulfenite, fluorite, amethyst, jasper and agate.

      Delete
  2. I would like to thank you for sharing this great information with us. I am really glad to learn about this because it helps me to increase my knowledge. yourbuygoldguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We appreciate your amazing work and we try to apply when we go prospecting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it helps - all the best in rock and gem hunting (GemHunter.webs.com)

      Delete
  4. Thank you! We appreciate your amazing work and we try to apply when we go prospecting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always trying to find that kind of blog for genuine gemstones because i know the importance of gemstones, keep doing well and you have done good work on this post...buy white sapphire online

    Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. eToro is the most recommended forex trading platform for new and professional traders.

    ReplyDelete